A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • strongerthanithought
  • strongerthanithought's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Mar 19 #506560 by strongerthanithought
Topic started by strongerthanithought
Divorced 6 years, ongoing hassle from exh, much abuse of various kinds in marriage. Hardly ever sees kids, cannot communicate civilly, etc.

Brought up something in conversation the other night - told me he had evidence of an alleged crime that (if true) would cost me my job, my children and my liberty. Could potentially cost me my job even if he told my employer without police being involved. This is not the first time he has made this claim.

Could the police follow this up as on going abuse? Reading that coercive control only happens between people who live together or, for example that you co-parent with. We've not lived together for 9 years.

Do I call the police for harassment? I'm in pieces, can't eat, can't sleep. Feel like I did 10 years ago when I've come so far.


  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
07 Mar 19 #506561 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
I suggest you call the National Domestic Violence Abuse helpline on 08002000247 for advice.

Making threats like this is part of coercive control- and ex-partners/spouses can be victims even if they are no longer in a relationship.


  • strongerthanithought
  • strongerthanithought's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Mar 19 #506562 by strongerthanithought
Reply from strongerthanithought
Ah thanks Ruby, I couldn't find clarification if it counts if you are not living together any more.

Looks like the youknowwhat is about to hit the fan then. I refuse to allow him to get under my skin any more

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11