A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How do I know if I have an injuction order

  • Allcry
  • Allcry's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
02 Apr 19 #507026 by Allcry
Topic started by Allcry
How do I tell if I have an injunction or restraining order against me?

Police data access?
Court search?
Scratched head?
Contact the other person?

I'm referring to the exparte ones really! Please let me know how long it takes to do a search, please.

For the background. All is fair in love and hate and divorce

A famous laugh for your ex is to;
- call you during your bail
- email you after they have taken out an injunction

Done a few internet searches for this with no luck. Only to confirm how easy it is to take out these no evidence required, no notice export orders.

thanks in advance

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Apr 19 #507051 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
An injunction is not effective if the recipient doesn't know about it. It has to be personally served upon the recipient.

If you don't know if there is an injunction you can assume that there isn't one as you've not received any notice.

An ex parte ('without parties') injunction is an injunction obtained without the attendance of the parties (although usually the applicant does attend). The subsequent injunction is then personally served along with the notice of the return hearing where the recipient has a chance to answer the application.


  • Allcry
  • Allcry's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Apr 19 #507054 by Allcry
Reply from Allcry
Thank you, Charles, for the clarification.

The exparte is a without notice "application hearing". that is without me being there, at court.

But I still need to be served.

Did you know stress lowers your IQ? This is why even solicitors should not represent themselves in court.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11