A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Restriction against the land B136

  • Mariska
  • Mariska's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 May 19 #507654 by Mariska
Topic started by Mariska
Hi, I've just received a letter from HM Land Registry about a B136 that has been raised regarding my ex partners debt. The flat is in both our names and we have received and accepted an offer on the flat. Can this stop the flat from being sold? It's an interim charging order, is there something I can do to make sure that it doesn't go against me?
This is worrying me as I've not lived in the flat for over 12 months but I'm still paying the mortgage so that it doesn't default. I can't afford to pay his debt.
Please help

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11