A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Tolata / Children's Act

  • unhappy lady 101
  • unhappy lady 101's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
1 year 4 months ago #509558 by unhappy lady 101
Tolata / Children's Act was created by unhappy lady 101

Hoping someone can help. I have been with my partner for just over 5 years, we have 2 children under 5 together. We bought a house together about 4 year ago and I paid a larger share of the deposit as well as the mortgage solely on my own for a greater proportion of our time together. The house is in joint names. He started growing marijuana at home and because of that we have separated. Our house is currently on the market but my partner refuses to give me the bigger share because I earn more. If I apply for a Tolata case, will it likely be in my favour? I have also applied for a live with order for my children and wonder how likely it is that it will be successful?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
1 year 4 months ago #509559 by WYSPECIAL
Replied by WYSPECIAL on topic Re:Tolata / Children's Act
How is the house actually owned?

Does it show that you are tenants in common and that own different proportions?

Are you trying to live in that house with your children?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11