A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Non molestation order - reclaiming costs judge ord

  • HS1
  • HS1's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Dec 19 #510741 by HS1
Topic started by HS1
I am in hiding from my husband and was awarded a non molestation order against my husband. The judge ordered him to pay all my costs forsolicitors and court costs. He is working but he is refusing to pay back my costs. He said go back to court I dont care. Im not payjng a penny. He does work but pretends to be depressed aswell. His depression kicks in everytime you mention money. Otherwise hes fine to work and go on holidays. Hes always been stingy.

He lives in the house that we both own.

I am going back to court and am having to pay to reclaim all my costs again.

Is it really worth it. What would be the options if I do go to court? Hes obviously got money but wont pay me.

Can the court order bailiffs? Or a charging order against his half of the property? I will be proceeding for a divorce soon and also want to sell my property once I have enough money.

Is there really anything the court can do in order to reclaim my costs or do I just have to cut my losses?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Dec 19 #510760 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
If the order says that he must pay costs "to be assessed if not agreed" then you first need to place a figure on the costs.

You need to detail your costs in a formal documents called a 'Bill of Costs (Detailed Assessment)' which must be served upon your ex for his comment.

If there is no response you can apply for a certificate which specifies that all of the costs have to be paid.

Once you have that certificate you can enforce the debt in the usual way which could be by bailiff, charging order etc. as you have said.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11