A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Another Newbie

  • bubi2
  • bubi2's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
07 Feb 08 #13171 by bubi2
Topic started by bubi2
Hi everyone, just found this site and want to introduce myself. I am an applicant in a divorce that has been ongoing for about 2 years now. I was with my ex-partner for 14 years and things were mostly ok until we got married and moved in together. God but did i read him wrong. The divorce hasnt exactly been plain sailing as at 1st he didnt consent to the separation, then when the unreasonable behaviour was put to him he wanted to refer back to the separation. Then he withdrew his consent to the separation. All very frustrating but i perservered. Eventually was up in court on Monday for my Decree Nisi but yet again met a stumbling block. He had got someone else to sign his name on one of the forms :SDuno exactly what his game is but im not gona be detered.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
07 Feb 08 #13176 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Hello wellcome to the mad house sounds like youve been through the mill ive read many storys like yours so your not alone geting someone else to sighn his forms is a new one and im not sure how the court will deal with it i think they can award your costs to him if he continues to act like a seven year old someone on here will know feel free to try the chat always good for a laugh bye for now, dukey

  • phoenix1
  • phoenix1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Feb 08 #13177 by phoenix1
Reply from phoenix1
First of all I,m sorry that you are here on this site but welcome anyway. You will find loads of people on this site that are where you are or a bit more down the road.You will find that we are all in the same boat and a lot of your questions will be answered on here and also you will make a lot of new friends. You are not alone and someone on here will always be holding your hand.

Take care


  • bubi2
  • bubi2's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
07 Feb 08 #13179 by bubi2
Reply from bubi2
Hi to you both and thanks for your supportive comments, will get a good browse thru the site, im sure there are plenty of people on here that can relate to what i have went thru - thanks again

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.