A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

don't know what to do ?

  • yplGB
  • yplGB's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Mar 08 #16495 by yplGB
Topic started by yplGB
My husband left me recently. He wants to start new life! We have been married for 9 years. We don't have children together. He wants to sell the house which is on joint name, I don't have anywhere to go, and I do not have money to keep it.
He was sole earner last 4 yrs. I do not earn anything, although I'm registered as self-employed. Please tell me do I have any rights in this situation?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Mar 08 #16517 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
More details are required if we are to help. Ages, your husband's income, the values of the property & mortgage, pensions, investments and/or savings, loans, credit cards, anything valuable such as an art collection, race horses etc.

  • yplGB
  • yplGB's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Mar 08 #16533 by yplGB
Reply from yplGB
we have a house in a joint name, I want to stay in it, he wants to sell it, I am 45 he is 42, his income is £30k I do not earn anything £0, house is £150k mortgaged. we have saving on both names-jointly. Yes, I am an artist , I have lots of work in collection and big library.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.