A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • snoopy
  • snoopy's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
12 Mar 08 #16604 by snoopy
Topic started by snoopy
I'm new to this :)
well i just found out last week i got my divorce! wooohhhooo!!!!!! but i had legal aid, i was married for 14 yrs to a service man and i am entitled to a pension share , but i have to wait till im 65:( but! i have spoken to my Ex and he's willing to do a payout , then i come to find out i have to now pay my lawyer fee's she never tols me this ( really mad about it ) been trying to get her to tell me what happens now and i am getting nothing from her, my divorce proceding started in Scotland back in jan 01 and i moved away oct 02, but the divorce is dated from 04 when the action was started again can someone try and help me understand what happens now as im getting nothing from her, she did say at one point the money would have to go to her so she gets paid mean time i have nothing im so confused !!!!!!!!!!!! also my Ex dosent have a lawyer HELP please

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Mar 08 #16732 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Sorry, I don't quite understand if you divorced in Scotland or England. In Scotland the finances an arrangements for any children need to be resolved before divorce is granted where as in England you need the Decree Nisi before applying to court for ancillary relief (the court process for resolving finances) or applying for approval of a Consent Order (a voluntary agreement)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.