A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • rubik cube
  • rubik cube's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
16 Mar 08 #16953 by rubik cube
Topic started by rubik cube
big hello to everyone in the big scary world,well mine is long and complicated story ,it all began about 5 years when my wife developed a love for vodka,and slipped into clinical depression,and she put a lot of weight on.She would kick me out of the house on regular occassions ,only for me to keep going back because of the kids mainly but not only.Anyway this cycle continued for several years.I eventually moved out permanently and moved in with my mum as i had had enough tantrums etc.I had always paid all the bills etc during this time and still do although i have not set foot in the house for over 1 year,and had mimimal contact with the kids.I have since starting seeing somebody else and she is not happy,and things have got worse,i have had no contact with the kids and she has called in the CSA ,She has not worked for over 5 years and wont even consider getting a part-time job,even though i dont think her health is upto it anyway.So it looks like i will spend the next 10 years paying the bills and losing 20% of my remaining salary to the CSA ,any advice please!!

  • mike62
  • mike62's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Mar 08 #17065 by mike62
Reply from mike62
Tell us a little more detail and perhaps some suggestions can be made.

Have you or your wife started divorce proceedings?

How many and how old are the children?

Do you own the house? Is it mortgaged?

Have the police ever been involved?

Sounds like you have had a pretty difficult time. Hopefully someone will be able to offer some ideas for you


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.