A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

New guy living abroad

  • Thickguy
  • Thickguy's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Mar 08 #17224 by Thickguy
Topic started by Thickguy
Hi There, I'm a guy being divorced by my ex but I am living abroad on a small occupational pension (no job)(small balance in Bank). Ive just received a notice of severance and the divorce procedures from a solicitor by e mail.

1. What can happen if I dont respond?
I never wanted the divorce.
2. Should I sign the severance form as its signing away the house to my partner (isnt it?)We havent discussed who gets what but I told her she could have the house If I kept all my Occ pension.
3. I'm a UK citizen so can I laim legal aid if Im in a EU country?


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
20 Mar 08 #17251 by dukey
Reply from dukey

Wellcome to wiki glad you have agread the asset split with out the court makes a nice change but you should not sighn your house over without the advice of a sol, it should also be done as part of a Clean Break Consent Order (your kids are over 18) also at what stage is your divorce i assume you have nisi and are in the process of AR.

Hope to hear from you soon.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11