A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Wife will not sign divorce papers

  • focus2532
  • focus2532's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 Mar 12 #320971 by focus2532
Topic started by focus2532
My wife will not sign the divorce papers, the last time I serverd them she took an overdose and ended up in hospital, then she was sectioned for a month. If I get a bailiff to serve the papers I know this will get me a divorce, but we are still living in the same house with my daughter(who I will try and get full custody of). We have enough equity to sell the house and move on. Would I have to get a Bailiff to serve her every time regarding our house and custordy?? Thanks

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Apr 12 #321163 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
No, the usual means of service is by first class post. If a letter is sent to her by post, it''s deemed served on the second business day after it was posted. Only a limited number of legal documents have to be personally served. It is a little trickier that you live under the same roof but that on its own doesn''t suspend the normal service rules.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.