A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

The saga continues

  • Sam72
  • Sam72's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Apr 12 #321696 by Sam72
Topic started by Sam72
Last Saturday my wife and I had a short and Frank exchange of views about her affair. I got my anger out in one go and she answered all the questions that had been eating at me. We''ve organised an appointment with relate. Not for reconcilliation my wife is clear she wants a split, but for advice on how to handle the break up. I told her I wasn''t prepared to leave the family home. She said she would move out with our boys but I would have to give her more money as she couldn''t afford it. My questions are do I have to give her more money when I don''t want her and boys to move out? As far as I''m concerned that''s her decision and family life is ok. No threat of violence or abuse or even rowing (last Saturday excepted, boys were asleep). Where do I stand, what are my options? Please help, I want to give it a go. She doesn''t.

  • Lostboy67
  • Lostboy67's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
04 Apr 12 #321702 by Lostboy67
Reply from Lostboy67
You don''t have to move out and while she is living in the FMH you don''t need to give her any money.
You would ultimatly be liable for child maintenance at 15% for 1 child 20% for 2 and 25$ for >=3 of you net pay.
Your wife could apply for a maintenance pending suit to make you pay some maintenance until the financial side of things are sorted out.

While I understand that you want to ''give it a go'' and by all means try it may help you knowing that you at least tried, but the chances of success I would caution are very very slim


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11