Last Saturday my wife and I had a short and Frank exchange of views about her affair. I got my anger out in one go and she answered all the questions that had been eating at me. We''ve organised an appointment with relate. Not for reconcilliation my wife is clear she wants a split, but for advice on how to handle the break up. I told her I wasn''t prepared to leave the family home. She said she would move out with our boys but I would have to give her more money as she couldn''t afford it. My questions are do I have to give her more money when I don''t want her and boys to move out? As far as I''m concerned that''s her decision and family life is ok. No threat of violence or abuse or even rowing (last Saturday excepted, boys were asleep). Where do I stand, what are my options? Please help, I want to give it a go. She doesn''t.
You don''t have to move out and while she is living in the FMH you don''t need to give her any money.
You would ultimatly be liable for child maintenance at 15% for 1 child 20% for 2 and 25$ for >=3 of you net pay.
Your wife could apply for a maintenance pending suit to make you pay some maintenance until the financial side of things are sorted out.
While I understand that you want to ''give it a go'' and by all means try it may help you knowing that you at least tried, but the chances of success I would caution are very very slim