A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Consent order that hasnt actually made it to court

  • SJL
  • SJL's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
06 Apr 12 #322069 by SJL
Topic started by SJL
I got my Decree Absolute in oct 11, last year and signed a Consent Order, as the Respondant, in sep 11.

as yet my ex''s solicitors have not been instructed by him to process the order through the court.

as it has been over 6 months since i signed this order and he has done nothing with it, is it still valid?

i just want everything sorted but he seems to be refusing to budge. i have given him the house, which is in joint names and agreed for him to remove me from the mortgage, which he has yet to do and also i am the only one paying into the joint overdraft!

the consent order covers all this but if it hasnt gone through court yet , then where do i stand?

please help

  • PinkDuck
  • PinkDuck's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
07 Apr 12 #322151 by PinkDuck
Reply from PinkDuck

  • SJL
  • SJL's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Apr 12 #322260 by SJL
Reply from SJL
What does that mean?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.