A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

valuation and compensation

  • Cathy100
  • Cathy100's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Apr 12 #325337 by Cathy100
Topic started by Cathy100
After 20 years together and 14 years of marrage, my husband had an affair last year and we have now separated. As a result of this I can no longer work at our joint Company, I can not live in the house as it is next door to the business. How do I get a fair valuation of the business and am I entitled to compensation for the fact that I have in effect lost my job.I do not want him back and I only want what I am entitled to. The business is his forte so I do not feel I couldn''t run it. I feel I have lost my secure future but I know I will be ok. Any advice would be welcome

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Apr 12 #325341 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
Hi and welcome to Wiki.

Sorry cant help with your questions but I am sure someone on here will be able to give you some advise.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11