A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

just saying hello

  • matta
  • matta's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Apr 12 #325419 by matta
Topic started by matta
Just saying hi. Am new here have been with the now x 10 years and only marred for 6 months befor she told me it was over last week as she said she dont trust me any more and hasnt for a while. so with all this going on she has kicked me out the house. is refusin for any help with the money side of things I.E. the morgage (witch is in both names)and the only money she wants is maintance for our 3 year old daughter. dont help the fact that i go to italy for a month next week so havent had time to try and sort a house or anything out. if any one has any advice then it will be greatly welcome :S

  • Lostboy67
  • Lostboy67's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
21 Apr 12 #325507 by Lostboy67
Reply from Lostboy67
Hi Matta,
Welcome to wiki, sorry you find yourself here.
She has no right to kick you out of the house, if you are a co-owner. That said if you tried to move back in there would in all likleyhood be an almighty scene and you''d end up with police involved and that is something that you really want to avoid. If I understand she is refusing money from you for bills and mortgage, if that is correct then thats not a bad result for you, the way that this would be viewed is that the bills are her bills and your half of the mortgage which she is paing is in lieu of rent.
With regard to maintenance you would ultimatly be liable to 15% of your net salary (after tax etc) although I understand the CSA methods for calculating maintenance are changing.

Your options when you return from Italy are to try and move back in, but it would probably be worth getting a solicitors letter stating that you intend to move back in. Alternativly you could look for somewhere to rent in the short term, but make sure its a 2 bedroom property so that you can have your child overnight.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.