A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

New user- Contact Order

  • lucygreen
  • lucygreen's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Apr 12 #325982 by lucygreen
Topic started by lucygreen
Hi All, I''m looking for someone that can help me on a current case my partner is going thorugh with his previous partner. My partner applied for a contact order as he has not seen his daughter since Christmas. The first hearing was ajourned, a court order was made. It included things like: Both parties to file and serve a statement of eveidence. Applicant agrees to undertake a hair strand drug test (this was requested by the Respondant, not court) Respondant untertakes to pay for the test.

We have filed the statement of evidence by the date stated on the order.

The Respondant has not served a copy of hers to us. This is a breach of the court order. Does anybody know what will happen?

Also they have been uncompliant when it comes to the drug test, she refused to write a letter that was needed so that the GP would sent a consenting letter to the company releasing the drug test. Does anybody know what will happen about this as it is to be completed and filed no later than the 27th of April. As no progress has been made relating to the test it will not be carried out.

Will the case been thrown out of court due to the order being breached?

Thank You for reading this post, I really hope someone can advise me as we are really struglling with this.

Lucy :S

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Apr 12 #325997 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
I imagine the judge will infer that by not writing the required letter so that drug testing can be carried out the allegation isn''t that serious and the proceedings will continue.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11