A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Hello from a newbie.

  • Jasperger
  • Jasperger's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Apr 12 #327016 by Jasperger
Topic started by Jasperger

I am a male and a respondent to a divorce petition. I am Married for more than 30 years with no dependent children, 3 properties and assets of good value with no debts. The day I walked out, we agreed in principle the division of assets (though nothing on paper) I was hoping that the divorce would be straightforward, since I agreed to the divorce at my wife''s request.

My wife is alleging that I assaulted her (which is not true) In fact, the Police have had her admit to an assaut on me. My wife is just 1 unnanounced visit to me short of being charged with harassment.

As a result we are now unable to communicate except through solicitors, our two adult are siding with their mother and refusing to speak to me.

I have been locked out of my own home, where I keep my tools and other personal belongings.

My business crumbling due to the stress this is placing on me, and the endless hours I seem to be spending on setting up a new home from home.

My wife has refused mediation, so it''s straight to court with a dreaded form E (financial disclosure) sat in my in tray and piles of paperwork to collect an collate and to support it.

I am very much hoping that this forum would be able to help me and I will help others if I can.

Kind regards


  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
28 Apr 12 #327018 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi Jasper & welcome to wiki!

There are many here that are and have been in your shoes, so you''ll get support and advice here from your new wiki friends.

Things sound very high on the emotional level at the moment, avoid any retaliation or tit-for-tat reactions - which may escalate or that you may later regret, take a few deep breaths and stay calm.

Look after yourself and it may seem like the last thing on your mind right now - but try to eat well.

Have you been to the GPs to discuss the stress you''re under?

The best advice I can give right now is try not to look at everything as a ''whole'' it can be overwhelming - just deal with little chunks at a time - a lot more manageable.

Take care


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.