A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Cathy100
  • Cathy100's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 May 12 #327635 by Cathy100
Topic started by Cathy100
Hi, My husband had an affair and we are now separated after 21 years of being together. I am about to loose my home and my job as we had a business together and the house and business are on the same site. I feel I have no where to go and feel trapped as I can not work along side him any more and am reluctant to give up the house to him his new partner and 5 children. Although I know I will be ok once the divorce settlement comes through and I can move on I don’t know what to do for the best now.

  • teecher
  • teecher's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 May 12 #327674 by teecher
Reply from teecher
Don''t be in a hurry to give up your home and job- check out some legal advice- talk to some of the legal team on here.
Have you any children with him?
You mentioned his partnere''s 5 children- are they his? If not, I fail to see why he would be giving them a home! :angry:
Don''t be driven out!!

  • Cathy100
  • Cathy100's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 May 12 #327692 by Cathy100
Reply from Cathy100
Thank you for your reply. I will seek legal advice. we have no children between us and her children are not his.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.