A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

honest male

  • peterjon
  • peterjon's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 May 12 #328266 by peterjon
Topic started by peterjon
I don''t really know what to say or where to start but here goes, I have been sperated from my wife 2years now. I moved into her council house in july 2000 after we had been together for a year she talked me into buying the house to which we did with her getting a discount off the council and my income she could not have a loan as she was black listed. We married in sept 2005 to which I paid for most of it but then in jan 2010 after a sticky patch in our relationship she decided she no longer loved me and wanted me out of the house with nowhere to go i refused and stayed there for 12 months living entirely in what used to be our bedroom. I did file for divorce and having paid my solicitor a small fortune i am no nearer getting what i feel is a fair and just payout on the house. Please feel free to ask me any questions that may help you in giving me some advice on what to do.

Regards Peter

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 May 12 #328326 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Questions :

1. Are there any children involved here ?
2. Do you live there now ?
3. What stage have you reached in the financial proceedings ?
4. What is holding it up ?


  • peterjon
  • peterjon's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 May 12 #328471 by peterjon
Reply from peterjon
she has 2 children from a previous relationship of which if i remember right the youngest is either 14 or 15.

no i don''t live there now i had to move out April last year as she got a court order to have me leave the house.

she is paying the mortgage and i am paying the endowment policy, i offered to buy her out as she has another man in her life and he owns his own house but she refused and at first she told me i could keep the endowment policy as my payoff to the house i said i would take that pluss ten thousand pounds her reply was she would give me ten thousnd pounds if i signed the endowment policy over to her, i told my solicitor that that was not acceptable i was only prepared to accept ten thousand and the policy and my solicitor said she would write to her to that fact but i''ve not heard from my solicitor at all so i assume my solicitor has not done what i requested as this was at the end of january and i''ve not heard from my solicitor since then. I have also stopped my monthly payments to my solicitor due to this lack of involvement from them.

I believe its my Ex that is holding things up as she is sitting pretty with everything going her own way she has the house a new man paying for her every need and she can claim all she wants from the Social Services!!!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.