A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Hello hello

  • juju22
  • juju22's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 May 12 #329217 by juju22
Topic started by juju22
I''m new to the site, but a year into my Decree Absolute.... guess there''s never a guarantee that things get easier once you''re past that hurdle. Have major issues with my ex husband withholding maintenance payments as a form of "I can also be nasty" revenge action, despite a Consent Order being in place. Reasoning with him hasn''t worked, so I will need to find another way of preventing him from deducting maintenance payments as and when he feels I need to be punished ( a very odd concept I find). Any advice??? :blink:

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 May 12 #329275 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi Juju,

Welcome to wiki.

You have a Court Ordered Consent Order for CM?

You mention you are 1 year into your Absolute .......... I''m presuming the Order is therefore 1 year (or round about) old?

If your Order is 1 year and 1 day, you can go to the CSA directly for CM - see CSA calculator for amounts in link below:


Once you apply to the CSA the Court no longer has jurisdiction.

He will be assessed and the formula in the calculator applied. The only trouble members have had with CM via the CSA if the payer has been self employed.

Hope this helps


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11