A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

hello i need help!!

  • Ayeshface89
  • Ayeshface89's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Jun 12 #335687 by Ayeshface89
Topic started by Ayeshface89
Hello my name is Ayesha and im 23 year olds and new to this, me and my ex broke up in janaury 2011 we had a mortgage together and the sale of our flat completed in May 2012. my ex was a nasty piece of work and I was in a severe domestic abuse relationship he has been to prison for assaults on me and I was given an injunction and an occupational residence order on my flat ( he was not allowed with 10 miles of the property) as the police feared for my life. We are in the process of splitting up the money however he is now asking for occupational rent which totals £2700 that he expects me to pay. Which I think is bang out of order seeing as the only reason I got the occupational order and injunction was because of his violence and as I would have gone back to live with my parents if he stayed in the flat he would have broken his injunction as my flat was 100 yards from my parents house. Can anyone offer me advice on if im defiantly going to have to pay him some money?!?!?!:(:(

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 Jun 12 #335689 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow

Welcome to wiki. I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Were you married? This makes a big difference to how the finances work. If so, for how long? Are there any children to be considered?

What has happened to the proceeds of the sale of the property?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.