A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

hello all, part 2

  • patm
  • patm's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Jun 12 #337812 by patm
Topic started by patm
On re-reading my first offering, I did not been to sound as if my ensuing issues with the ex are any worse than yours: I am sure we all suffer, be we Petitioner or respondent, just that it is rather complicated, having married a bigamist ( there, said it) and then remarried him legally: they only do it for the money, you know. No other reason, is there? No admin oversight or any such feabilbe excuse in this case!

CPS rarely even prosecute in the few cases they get every year. Besides, I can''t be bothered with all the hassle. After all, it was not me the offended party but his legal wife at the time. I don''t think she ever knew what he did to her. Lived a double life, didn''t he - some time with me, some time with her.

After a few years he did get divorced so we then legally married. Stupid me: worst thing I ever did: already knew he was a womanising, lying, drunk, with a predilection for domestic violence, but well, loved him, simple as that.

Years have now passed: it is time for me to get rid of him once and for all, whilst safe-guarding my house, which has always been my house. Pseudo threats re putting a restriction on it, so can''t even sell it, even if the market was more bouyant.

I am intending to go for a JS and will be writing a formal letter to him conforming to the pre-action protocals as much as I can, but really want to avoid mediation.... not just the cost ( I am skint and living off my tenant''s rents - not worked since I got ill over all this stress and do not claim any state-assistance) but no point. No point in mediation with someone like that, where lying is second nature. Disclosure of finances? Well, that will be a laugh: I can''t wait to see his form E - that is if he has not already disposed of some of his assets, and the cheek of him, thinking he can get hold of money from me? I think not. The one thing I have learnt, once you seperate, get it formalised with at least a Deed of Seperation - don''t leave it years like I have. Disposal opportunity!

Anyway, hope you have found some of my story if not helpful, at least entertaining. You don''t often come across a victim of a bigmaist!!!!

As hitherto mentioned, probably going to be a permanant fixure on here for well, until its all over... LOL.

So here''s to all fellow newbies, LIP''s, Petitioners and Respondents alike - also to the professional legally-trained folks who give so freely of their time and advice.

So any idea if one needs to get FM1 form signed off in a case of a JS? Many thanks once again.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.