A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Lost my children

  • LUT2
  • LUT2's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
25 Jun 12 #339034 by LUT2
Reply from LUT2
Thank you for that encouraging note, I certainly hope so but have grave doubts about my son. He adores his Dad and has very little respect for me.

  • Brunswick
  • Brunswick's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 Jun 12 #339432 by Brunswick
Reply from Brunswick
Not sure what your circumstances were but I have a similar situation. My wife left me and my two boys over 3yrs ago. The boys were 15 at the time. It was all very unexpected as we had been married for over 20yrs and despite the usual ups and downs everything seemed ok.

Unfortunately, my now ex wife decided to have an affair with a guy at work and eventually left the marital home. All very sad and traumatic at the time.

The boys chose to live with me and they are now preparing for university. My life has moved on but unfortunately my ex has struggled with life. Her new man has not turned out to be Prince Charming and she is in a difficult place.

The boys did break off contact when she first left and had very little contact thereafter with their Mum for the first 2yrs. They kept their views to themselves but I could see they were hurting. Over the last 18 months there have been signs of reconciliation mostly from their Mum but they are taking it very slowly .

I do not think you have lost them for good. I suspect it will take many years for the three of them to speak, touch and perhaps love again but time is great healer and maybe this is how you should look at it.

My two boys tell me that they are not ready to fully forgive or forget yet and I acknowledge that they see it differently to me. Take your time, do not forget birthdays, Xmas etc and perhaps ask to have lunch with them once a month to start and then see how you all get on.

Best Wishes.

  • LUT2
  • LUT2's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Jul 12 #340298 by LUT2
Reply from LUT2

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.