A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

help please

  • memily12
  • memily12's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
17 Jul 12 #343879 by memily12
Topic started by memily12
My solicitor is about to Petition for my Decree Absolute. The Nisi states (from the court) that my ex has been ordered to pay the cost of the divorce.
He is working and claiming but he states as he gets paid cash in hand then they can''t catch him, so he says that he will not be paying any cost back to me.
As he claims he doesn''t work he pays £10 a month for our 2 children (through CSA) and I have had to hire a solicitor for the divorce as he was refusing to sign and was making things very difficult.
Will I ever recover the cost I have paid?? :(

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Aug 12 #346633 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
maybe. you can apply to enforce the costs order. this is treated like any other court order for paymetn (i.e. like a CCJ) if he ays he doesn''t pay then the court can require him to provide details of his income and outgoings and can set an amount for him to pay by installments.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.