A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Legal Advice Required

  • asad78
  • asad78's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Jul 12 #344744 by asad78
Topic started by asad78
Dear Sir/Madam,

I was able to obtain your contact details from the internet. I am Currently residing in Pakistan and need your professional advise on the following to proceed accordingly.

Case Summary.

I,traveled to UK on a visitor Visa in September 2003. Before expiry of the Visit Visa i married UK National on 16 December 2003.

She applied for a spouse visa which was refused in January 2004. The appeal against this decision was also refused in October 2004.

I returned to Pakistan in April 2006 and applied for a spouse visa in Pakistan which was granted on 24th July 2006.

I returned to UK on 08 September 2006, but had to return to Pakistan on 24th July 2008 when my spouse refused to have my visa extended, due to estranged relationship.

Despite efforts the marriage failed to revive. I then divorced her & conveyed my decision through a registered letter from Pakistan on 07 September 2008. Copy of this letter was also sent to the presiding Authority Imam.

I require a divorce certificate to be issued under the Uk Law.

It has been 4 years since i have returned to Pakistan. The total period of seperation till to date is 4.5 years. She refuses to file for a Uk divorce.

I have heard that after a certain period of seperation has passed one can obtain the divorce certificate with going through the legal procedures.

Seeking your professional advice.

Looking forward to your prompt response.

Best Regards

  • dasherz
  • dasherz's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Jul 12 #345490 by dasherz
Reply from dasherz

The information you need is all on www.direct.gov.uk

You will always have to go through some form of legal proceedings to obtain a UK divorce but you may be able to do this quite simply and without having to attend any kind of court.However you will have to pay fees to file and I am guessing that your ex does not want to divorce because she doesn''t want to pay for the fees or a lawyer.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.