A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

New to the forum

  • help123
  • help123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Aug 12 #351693 by help123
Topic started by help123
Hello everyone,

I have posted a few questions on this site, just to try and gain some sort of clarification of my situation.

I am thinking of self representing due to my financial situation.

Could anyone please help me with regards to what steps I will have to take, in order to represent myself. I feel I now have to force my ex husband hand, as he will not produce or disclose any financial paperwork.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

  • Stumpylad70
  • Stumpylad70's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Aug 12 #351694 by Stumpylad70
Reply from Stumpylad70
Welcome Help123.

Sorry you have to be here with us. Though I wish you luck, you have a long hard road ahead.

All the best


  • help123
  • help123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Aug 12 #351698 by help123
Reply from help123

Thank you for responding, i have been separated for 4 years and have reached my decree of nici, but unfortuately without any financial settlement due to not having a solicitor (not able to afford a solicitor) not entitled to legal aid as im a full time mature student.

I am thinking of representing myself, but this all feels like a mind field to me and i really dont know where to start.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.