A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

feeling so confused.

  • nanny j
  • nanny j's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 Sep 12 #356720 by nanny j
Topic started by nanny j
My marriage is over after my husband chose to punch me in the mouth knocking out 2 teeth while on holiday in majorca 2 weeks ago.We were married for 8 years,together for 12 years.He had never hit me before although he had a bad temper and I always knew when to shut up.He was arrested in majorca and to cut a long story short I was given a protection order only valid in spain and he was released after 34 hours.I rebooked a flight home and have not seen him since he assaulted me.
Back in england i contacted the police and the courts and was given a non molestation order without notice to my husband and he is not allowed to come within a 50 metre radius of our rented house.
I am on sick leave from work and visiting my dentist weekly.I cannot get legal aid as I have too much disposable income apparently(i pick up £1200 a month).One minute I feel strong and cope really well and the next minute I feel like a frightened child.I am 57 years old and cannot believe this has happened to me.I really thought we would be together forever but I can never forgive him for what he has done to me and want a divorce.I have asked him by text for an address to serve divorce petition but he is not replying.His daughter came and collected all his clothes and personal items last friday and will not tell me where he is staying.She said to get a solicitor which I cannot afford to do.I think I am going to use wikivorce as they are cheaper than high street solicitors.I do have his work address so hopefully they will be able to serve the papers there.
Think I would be in a psychiatric unit by now if I didn''t have my 3 grown up children supporting me through this horrible mess.I feel like Im in a living nightmare,on a rollercoaster that i cant get off.
Thank you for reading,hope this makes sense.:unsure:

  • tiredandirritated
  • tiredandirritated's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 Sep 12 #356722 by tiredandirritated
Reply from tiredandirritated
Hi nanny j,

I am so sorry to hear your terrible news and wish I could say something to help put your mind at rest, but I know how traumatic it is thinking that you knew someone and that you would spend the rest of your days together only to find out this is not the case and end up feeling really alone.
If you get the chance go on the chat site on here later tonight, as thats when most people are on there, and just have a chat with the lovely people of this site, it will make you realise that you are not alone.

This is a great site for information and just sharing problems!

All the best wishes

  • nanny j
  • nanny j's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 Sep 12 #356725 by nanny j
Reply from nanny j
Thank you for your reply. I''ll maybe have a visit to the chatroom tonight,not sure yet though.Thanks again.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.