A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • sandy 1
  • sandy 1's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 Sep 12 #358561 by sandy 1
Topic started by sandy 1
as we can''t agree on finances i am going for separation 2yrs the house is in both names and i own half can he make me sell in that time as i have nowhere else to go he is living in rented with his woman and kids i am 66 so it is difficult to get o
property he is not being truthfull on his accets also can i claim maintenance:(

  • Action
  • Action's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Sep 12 #358569 by Action
Reply from Action
He can''t make you sell the house, only a court can. Maintenance will depend on your overall financial circumstances and hopefully an expert on here will be able to give an opinion. To do this, they will need:

Age of your husband
How long married
Income of each of you
Pension for each of you
Equity in the house/outstanding mortgage
Other savings, investments, debts

Have you had any discussions with him about possible splits? Have you had any legal advice. You don''t have to wait for two year separation to divorce him just because finances are not agreed. You can start the process on the grounds if Unreasonable Behaviour but delay applying for the Absolute until the finances are settled.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.