A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Re: New and Planning to file a divorce

  • ineedyou
  • ineedyou's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Oct 12 #359021 by ineedyou
Topic started by ineedyou
I am new on this site. I hope our legal advisors will direct me the correct steps. I''ve been separated for 7 years now, both habitually residents in England. I want to file a divorce due to the fact that we''ve lived apart for a continous period of 7 years. But my problem is I do not know his current address now, but I know he is still in UK. Please advise. I want to file this to the court on my own if possible. Please advise. Thank you:cheer:

  • Stumpylad70
  • Stumpylad70's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Oct 12 #359042 by Stumpylad70
Reply from Stumpylad70
I dont know how to go about it, but I think you can search the electoral register to find your ex. Assuming he is registered to vote.

I am sure someone here will be able to give you clearer advice than that though.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.