A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Divorce (financial order form e)

  • Dave971
  • Dave971's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
07 Oct 12 #359721 by Dave971
Topic started by Dave971
Hi all,

In short my wife was the Petitioner in a divorce. It got to the stage before the divorce Absolute and then stalled. I have made a financial order to the court 7 months after the stalled divorce. My question is what boxes do I tick below on page 1 of form E bearing in mind I am now the applicant. I have 1 child with my wife and I have residence of her. My wife pays no child support but I''m not expecting on wanting anything anyway. I assume I would tick divorce and maybe financial relief application.

What do I tick?
Divorce, dissolution, nullify, judicial separation or financial relief application.

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
15 Oct 12 #361039 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Sorry you haven''t received a response. I''m no expert, but will give this a go.

I think you need to state on the top right hand side box that you are the applicant (for AR) but on the left hand side with the tick boxes you are the respondent in the divorce.

Have a look at my screen shot.


Attachment FormE.pdf not found


  • SilverFir
  • SilverFir's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Oct 12 #361134 by SilverFir
Reply from SilverFir
I am respondent in STBX''s cross-petition (which is the one going thru). But I am the applicant for financial proceedings.

On the left side I ticked:
respondent in the

as this described my situation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.