A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Not sure whether to accept

  • Sandra123
  • Sandra123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 6 months ago #500468 by Sandra123
Not sure whether to accept was created by Sandra123
Hi, we are at the discussion stage, he refused to accept what I needed, a week has gone by and he now wants to accept what I proposed but has to be by a certain time frame, would I be right in thinking that he's been advised that he would more than likely have to give more and that's why he's changed his mind

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
2 years 6 months ago #500469 by hadenoughnow
Replied by hadenoughnow on topic Re:Not sure whether to accept
Have you had any legal advice about your proposal? Are you satisfied that you have a full picture of the finances? What kind of disclosure have you each provided?


Hadenoughnow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sandra123
  • Sandra123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 years 6 months ago #500476 by Sandra123
Replied by Sandra123 on topic Re:Not sure whether to accept
Hi thanks for the reply. Not satisfied that he has disclosed everything but can't prove that he hasn't. My solicitors advice is that to go to trial would cost but I just get the feeling that it might be worth the risk. Why would you not accept a proposed offer but then change your mind. Pretty much straight away. I really don't know what to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
2 years 6 months ago #500477 by hadenoughnow
Replied by hadenoughnow on topic Re:Not sure whether to accept
Does he have a solicitor? He may have decided to change his mind after taking advice. Presumably if you made the offer, it is something you could live with? If that's the case you need to decide if you can face the stress and expense of going through the courts for more. Don't forget you can agree to settle at any time on the way through. You can also self rep in the early stages to save costs.

I don't understand why you have made an offer if you don't think you have all the financial information you need.

Hadenoughnow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11