A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

He lied about his assets and plans

  • newlife
  • newlife's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
17 Jan 08 #10983 by newlife
Topic started by newlife
A friend of mine has just discovered that her ex may have lied about his assets at the time her divorce was finalised last year. It transpires he may have had planning permission on some land they owned on which he is now building houses. If it transpired that he had kept this information from her, is it possible to go back and renegotiate the asset split after the absolute etc has been done and dusted? There was no FDR/final hearing and solicitors were only used to carry out their instructions but it appears this may have been in his own interests!

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Jan 08 #10988 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
It is possible to have the original consent orde3r overruled, following none disclosure of material facts known at the time of agreeing a settlement.

It can be a costly process as it is unlikely your friends ex is going to voluntarily offer further information, so your F would need hard evidence and not just a gut feeling or hearsay

It could be that the ex didn't receive planning etc until after the Consent Order....

Needs careful investigation before proceeding...

  • TMax
  • TMax's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jan 08 #11018 by TMax
Reply from TMax
Can I assume that she and her X never went to court for the FH to settle the financial details, if this is the case then she is more than entitled to go back to court for the financial settlement, unfortunate for me thats whats happening, mine took the cash did a runner with it never attended court blew all the money and has now come back for more.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11