A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

consent order not adhered to

  • Jane8
  • Jane8's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Mar 12 #320411 by Jane8
Topic started by Jane8
Under CO signed last Nov 2012, ex should''ve by now have paid a joint CCJ created by him. He has not. I understand I should write to him and his Sols. I would like correct wording to enforce the contents of the CO as I feel a reasonable length of time has passed to pay it. Also can I call court and advise same, is there a specific ''CO default'' form to request?
Would appreciate help please

  • fairylandtime
  • fairylandtime's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Mar 12 #320508 by fairylandtime
Reply from fairylandtime
Hi Jane

My X defaulted on payments I follwed the following track:

A recorded delivery letter re the missed payments & request for payment to X with deadline for reply

2nd letter to X reiterating with deadline & then court

I completed a D11 for court £90 fee, included letter, recorded del info & CO highlighted

Went to court - agreed payment plan & if not paid I have to take it back to court.

Mind you not sure what they constitute as a reasonable amount of time, I have also been speedily trying to TFT equity of morg to my name & it has been going on since Jan!!!! - everything just seems to take so long.

Good luck JJ

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.