I really need some urgent help - I am about to leave my husband and son(19 yrs old). I'm not sure where I stand financially if I walk out? I've been married for nearly 28 years, we have three properties and only one of them has a mortgage. My husband owns his own business and we have separate saving accounts. Here are my questions:
1. Do I need to support my son if he is 19 years old and at university?
2. Do I get 50/50 of everything?
3. Should I take note of all my husbands saving accounts before I leave?
3. Whats the difference between being "separated" and "legally separated"?
4. What documents do I need to take with me?
5. I have always worked since the age of 16 and only took time off to have my son? Will this make a difference to my financial position?
6. Once I leave my home can I return to collect my belongings?
7. Should I seek a solicitor before I leave?
Your help would be really appreciated as I'm so stressed and confused as I don't know where to start.