A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What is my Ex entitled to

  • Davidb2959
  • Davidb2959's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Jun 12 #338679 by Davidb2959
Topic started by Davidb2959
I have just found out that my partner of 8 years and 1 day is on websites looking for new partners.

As upset as I am, I am trying to keep a level head. I would like this girl to move out, but claims to have a hold on my house.

The house is in my name as is all bills, as I couldn''t trust her to look after them.

She is still married to her Ex (weird) but has split from him 10 years. They have 2 children together, both living with him.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Jun 12 #338741 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
As a general rule of thumb, she would not have any interest in the house unless she made some contributions, perhaps towards the deposit, or the mortgage, but usually not household expenses.

I think, on the face of what you say, she could be excluded by your giving reasonable notice, but I would certainly go to Court and get an order. Don''t try to do it yourself.

Legal advice is recommended.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.