A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Just seperated

  • taff45
  • taff45's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Aug 12 #347714 by taff45
Reply from taff45
Hi Kazzabell

Glad to hear today has been a better one for you. Hang on in there.

I have been following the posts here as there are lots of similarities in our situation and the help and advice have been helping me too.

I am in limbo now, still living together, other half has said there is a friendship with another woman but I still can`t get him to see / admit it counts as an affair. This is very hard for me to cope with.

Anyway on the possessive side counselling was good and helped. In the meantime I am tidying the house up ready to get an estate agent in to value it. Trying to work through the situation but with a mindset of moving forward so I can have a life without him, have to face the reality of our situation and this is the most likely outcome.

  • Kazzabell80
  • Kazzabell80's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
07 Aug 12 #347796 by Kazzabell80
Reply from Kazzabell80
Hi Taff

I am sorry to hear that you are going through the same as me. It is devastating to think that the life and man that you though you had and knew turns out to be someone else completely.

I am going to do everything that I can to keep this house as it was our dream house(although perhaps it was only my dream house), plus the children have forged very good social circles around us. It would be devastating even more to have to move from here.

I know that OH has said that he is happy for me to have the place but of course it will be me left with the hefty mortgage, although I think that it will be worth it in the long run.

I do need to get something in writing from him, perhaps an Affadavit or something like that in the interim would stand up in future? Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

I am not seeing him until Friday now anyway as he is in work for the next few days.

Although he has still said that he is happy to do the counselling, he said that it may shed some light on to why he feels the way that he does but he doesn''t want to give me any false hope in case there really is nothing.

I am trying hard to focus on me and children at the moment although sometimes my thoughts get the better of me and I start to well up but I know that he isn''t suffering the way that I am so I try to shake myself out of it :unsure:

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.