A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

restraining order

  • ambermarney
  • ambermarney's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 Aug 12 #353121 by ambermarney
Topic started by ambermarney
My husband is an alcoholic is in complete denial and is making my life and my sons life a misery.How can i get him to move out we have a joint mortgage which i have always paid(in fact i pay for everything) when he was working he made small contributions buying some food and spending most of his money on booze.Prior to losing his job his drinking escalated and its bad now.We hope he will change but it doesn''t want to .He tells me he has no where to go and that i should move out which isn''t reasonable he has also run up debts which i am worried about and has affected our credit rating.I have to take action as nothing is changing and its affecting my son.Is a restraining order possible and how does it work ,what kind of evidence do i have to provide.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.