A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

advice needed or opinions offered.

  • townie
  • townie's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
01 Jul 12 #340208 by townie
Topic started by townie
I am 3 years into this thing now,divorced, new accommodation and now my oldest about to flee the nest to start uni.. need some help or guidance as to what to do to shake my life up a bit, I am unable to work due to health issues ,have a dependant young child with special needs and need some way to change my life for the better..I have a newer circle of friends but need ideas for something to do to help occupy and encourage me to meet other people when my child is at school and i have some time to myself when ex has child on alternate weekends.i am unable to do anything very physical because of the health issues i have...any ideas anyone what to do next?

  • livinginhope
  • livinginhope's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Jul 12 #340276 by livinginhope
Reply from livinginhope
If you are over 50 I would suggest looking into your local Branch of the U3A.Generally their courses are run during the day.It has the advantage of being very cheap,the one in my area is £40 for the year and for that you can do up to 3 courses per week.The subjects offered vary from area to area as all of the Course Leaders are volunteers so depends who is available and willing to work for free!
If you are under 50 some of the WIs have day time meetings and some areas are very lively and friendly,some not so great,you could go along and see what you think about any local to you.
If you go to your local Library you should be able to find out what is going on in your area and you may be surprised at what is on offer.
Hope you find something you enjoy.Don''t give up if you try something which is not right for you keep searching and eventually you will find something that interests you.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.