A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

changing locks

  • jamesbond
  • jamesbond's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Jan 08 #11249 by jamesbond
Topic started by jamesbond
my wife has left the home ,and comes in while im at work looking at my things can i change the locks without her knowing ?

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Jan 08 #11250 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
You can change the locks no problem, however:-

If her name is on the deeds she can break in to gain access

If her name is not on the deeds she can apply to the court for an occupation order, takes a bit of time and depending how long since left decision as to whetehr the order will go in her favour..

She can also make a charge over the property to stop you from selling without her knowledge...

Make sure your personal papers are kept somewhere other than the FMH

Good Luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.