A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Financial documents

  • pintofmild
  • pintofmild's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Jan 08 #10216 by pintofmild
Topic started by pintofmild
Hi, The divorce is nearly over or so I thought. Received the degree nisi about 3 weeks ago and have been counting down the days until I'm free from the evil one!!!

Yesterday I received a letter from her solicitors saying they shortly to file the Decree Nisi to be pronounced.

But saying that we have not exchanged financial documentation. so they can negotiate a settlement.We never owned a house together I have nothing, all she has is a timeshare which quite frankly I would not want that.:laugh:

So by law do I have to give them my information for my earnings pension etc?

ps I do not use my home address for correspondence as did not want to give it to her so they do not know where I live.

Also found out i do not have to pay her cost which she tried to get me to pay!!


  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Jan 08 #10251 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
If you dont agree to financial disclosure voluntarily.

She is likely to go through the courts to get a financial settlement in which case it will cost you a great deal.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.