A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

New comer

  • DonJuan
  • DonJuan's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 Jan 08 #10634 by DonJuan
Topic started by DonJuan

I'm a newcomer to this site and needed some advice.

My wife & I are divorcing after 15 years.
We have a 12 year old daughter. My daughter would
be living with me after the divorce since my wife
is off with her new gym boyfriend.

We have some assets and I have a decent salary package.
She does not work only gyms! but did some part time work
in the past.

my questions are:

1. Do the assests get divided 50-50 ?
2. Would I need to pay her anything monthly ?
3. If Yes to Q2. approx. how much ?

Any help would be much appreciated.
If you need any more info. please ask. Thanks.

DJ :(

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Jan 08 #10640 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
12 years - long marriage

Starting point 50/50, you are one with parent care so higher share.

All assets less liabilities into the pot inc matrimonial home.

Possible Mesher order on home

If ex co habiting no spousal main but she may have to contribute to CM.

Try mediation if things can be agreed mutually if not court hearings.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.