A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Struggling to survive

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Jul 07 #1108 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Sorry, I'm not very clever on pensions and can only talk about my own, if truth were told. I imagine you could always ask your pension provider. From my point of view it might be helpful if the pension could be split.

I personally am paying maintenance out of my pension. At the moment I receive a sum which is just above the level that qualifies me for higher income tax allowances. the fact that I have to pay part of it to my ex is conveniently ignored. I suppose that, if it were possible for my ex's share of the pension to be paid direct to her, I would get the higher allowances and she would pay tax on what she gets.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11