A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

I was bullied into the financial side

  • Bic
  • Bic's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Jul 07 #1114 by Bic
Topic started by Bic
:blink:I was bullied into signing way my rights and accepting an amount, now he's sitting in our home (where £54,000 of my compensation for an accident went into an entension) with his soon to be new wife - even though divorce not yet through and I am almost penniless living on Jobseekers and it seems I have to put up with it. I only wanted to 'get out' and have been very ameniable and he won't een let me into the home for my clothes. !!

  • vanessa
  • vanessa's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
01 Jul 07 #1115 by vanessa
Reply from vanessa
I'm no expert but did you get a court order to settle the finances or just do it between yourselves?

  • Louise11
  • Louise11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Jul 07 #1116 by Louise11
Reply from Louise11
I'm also no expert, but did or do you have legal representation? If you signed something and had no legal advice at the time, then whatever you signed is NOT worth the paper its written on.
You need to seek advice ASAP! Before absolute is awarded.
after that you lose certain rights. If you have got legal advice then what are they playing at?

You need to post more information really before anyone can advice you the best course of action.

Hopefully someone can then answer more helpfully.

Kind Ones

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.