A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Clean Break Consent Order

  • dolphin
  • dolphin's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Jan 08 #11386 by dolphin
Topic started by dolphin
I wonder if anyone can help us. I received my Decree Nisi 2 weeks ago and have agreed the financial side of things with my stbx :). In order to get a Clean Break order put through the court, does anyone have a sample wording/form which we can use and adapt.

Many thanks for any help.

  • Frenchconnection
  • Frenchconnection's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Jan 08 #11397 by Frenchconnection
Reply from Frenchconnection
I could do with the same help - am doing DIY divorce and awaiting Nisi, but house sale going through very soon and want to sort a Consent Order out. If we have already split all money and there are no remaining assets do we need financial disclosure, etc, or can we just submit consent order, and how??

  • annby
  • annby's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
21 Jan 08 #11398 by annby
Reply from annby
yes... me too!

I would just like to agree the finances with my ex and then hand my solicitor the consent order and just let him pass it onto the courts.

Many thanks.... ann

  • TMax
  • TMax's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Jan 08 #11408 by TMax
Reply from TMax
its best NO money changes hand untill after the FH. you can make your wants know and get them registerd at court but again Do NOT let cash or propertty change hands till then, you will end up with more problems as I have done by handing cash over and X coming back for more years later.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.