A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

the family house

  • sun
  • sun's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
25 Jan 08 #11916 by sun
Topic started by sun
my common law partner of 10 years is leaving our relationship to return to germany with our 8 and 9 year old children........the law is clear about the kids ie i have no parental responsibility and they are in her total control .......however what is the current uk legal position with the house which i own outright before even meeting her ?


  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Jan 08 #11919 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
I think you just still own it. Common law partnerships aren't recognised in law.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11