A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ancillary Relief

  • blessingindisguise
  • blessingindisguise's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
07 Jul 07 #1213 by blessingindisguise
Topic started by blessingindisguise
Hi guys

Am back from hols. had fun time!!!:)now have date for first appointment in court. got 3 moths froom now!*?:(is this normal? please to bring this forward has been declined by HMRC. however, x2b has gone into hiding. court posted docs directly to his work place. what if he chooses to ignore them? do not know where he lives but i do know where he works. any ideas on how to track him down? he is not registered on the voters roll. do you think his bank is obliged to give me his address if i explain issues to them?

he's got no contact with kids and has refused to pay any maintanance:sick: .i live in the FMH which is jointly mortgaged and he's again refused to contributing to this either:angry: . any suggestions to make him pay something?


  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jul 07 #1253 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
An inexpensive and effective way to serve him could be to get from the court a copy of the docs they sent to him and re-send them to his work yourself using premium postage service which requires his signature. You could also pay for a service where someone will take docs to his work and serve them in person.

As things progress as part of financial disclosure he will have to produce bank statements/credit card statements/pension valuations and many of these documents will have his address on.

At any stage during ancillary relief proceedings you can apply to the coutr for interim maintenance. This takes perhaps 6 to 8 weeks to achieve results.

Or you can apply to the CSA for maintenance.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.