A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

E5 form - and his new partner

  • madabout
  • madabout's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Jul 07 #1258 by madabout
Topic started by madabout
If I am petitioning her as co-respondent does she have to declare her assets on the E5 form - currently she says she wont.

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jul 07 #1260 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
It is my understanding that no, she is not obliged to declare her assets on form E. In fact she does not complete a Form E at all, only your husband.

You have no claim on her assets.

The only time they come into play are:

1) For example if her assets include a house and he lives in it. Then his outgoings are reduced. So this should filter through on the Form E when he fills out his outgoings. They should be less than for someone who lives alone and pays all their own mortgage/bills.

2) If you have good reason to suspect that there are assets in her name which actually belong to him or originated from his/your marital assets. In which case you ask him for disclosure about his full list of assets - perhaps explicitly questioning whether he has other properties etc. (this questioning can be done in the form of a questionnaire sent following your receipt of his Form E).

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.