A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

she wants money thats spent

  • markp
  • markp's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
09 Feb 08 #13367 by markp
Topic started by markp
going through medition and my s2bx has stated that she wants a share of some money i had left when she walked out, i explained that this money has been spent, it was £5,500 of which i have reciepts for about £3200 the other was used to buy our son new clothes, shoes and a couple of hols but i never thought about receipts at the time because i did not understand how this all worked.

the question is, can she put a claim on this money or is she trying it on, and how do i pay for something i havent got anymore.

she says she is not bothered the money was spent on our son she justs wants as much as she can because her new bloke will not work and she doesn't have as much as when she was with me so i should give it to her.

  • scottishlady
  • scottishlady's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Feb 08 #13373 by scottishlady
Reply from scottishlady
Hi Markp
I don't know if this will 'help' you.... but...when my STBX 'walked out'... he took with him approx 12K.... and left 500 quid in our joint account... my sol has told me that I am 'entitled to half of this... as it was 'joint money'....
Like you, I haven't kept receipts for 'my spending'.... but, as it is mostly for 'living expenses'... I am hoping that they won't seek receipts for my grocery bills etc...
I saw his 'statement of issues' last week, and he "admits to having withdrawn the said amount of money, which he has had the benefit of"....
My sol said that she was not unduly worried about this, as this is not our 'only asset'.... she will request that this is taken into account when 'division of assets' is decided, and she will request that I am awarded 'my share' within this 'award'....

As for your last paragraph..... words fail me....


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.