A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

new job

  • soulmanuk
  • soulmanuk's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
13 Feb 08 #13724 by soulmanuk
Topic started by soulmanuk
after struggling to support myself and kids with no help at all from the stbx. i have now got a fulltime job as appossed to a part time job and WTC. i will be approx £100 a month better off. will this affect the outcome of my settlement? the form E only wanted details upto the end of Dec 2007 and i started my new job this week. over the same period the stbx has taken her third job and is earning £90 a week less than when she left. she could easily get the same job she used to have earning the same money. although her earnings have dropped she is still living the life style she had when she was with me. all she says is her new partner is paying for it. he is only on £16k a year but he as no debts his house is paid for.i saw the sol today and i fell like i am being screwed and the sol is not doing anything to fight my corner. the stbx as not asked for anything in 16 months, as not contributed a penny to the marital debt and is now asking for 50%. i have had it hard since she left with the debt rising and now i have a bad credit rating and can not afford to pay her 50%. i cant sleep at nights thinking about me and the kids (20 and 17) are going to be homeless and i am going to be even more in debt whilst the stbx lives her luxery lifestyle. the court always seems to favour the woman even though it was her abandonment that as put me in this situation. i could not put some of the things on my form E about her bad behaviour and what sort of settlement i was looking foras the sol rushed through it and i did not have time to let it sink in what she was saying. do i get my say in the court or have i now got to accept what i have stated on my Form E?

  • IKNOWNOW's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
13 Feb 08 #13764 by IKNOWNOW
Reply from IKNOWNOW
Do you have a date for your fist appointment? I would suggest that you tell your solicitor that your circumstances have changed and that you believe hers have too. If your court date is near then maybe you can raise this in court and ask for further information as new evidence has come to light. Circumstances have obviously changed so a financial settlement based on out of date information is not acceptable. Definetely raise this matter with your solicitor before the First Appointment for AR.

Regards, Sarah

  • soulmanuk
  • soulmanuk's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
13 Feb 08 #13775 by soulmanuk
Reply from soulmanuk
the first hearing is on 17th march. i spoke to sol and she said that the info used was for the previous tax year and as it is coming to the end of a tax year we will have to ask for new upto date info i am ok about it but my stbx wont like it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.