A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Buying again with new partner

  • Frenchconnection
  • Frenchconnection's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Feb 08 #15131 by Frenchconnection
Topic started by Frenchconnection
Hi all,

I'm in the process of a very amicable divorce andrecently got Nisi. House sale of FH went through last week and unfortunately due to paying off debts the equity is all but gone, although I'm debt free for the first time in years.

My new partner is selling his house (I'm renting ATM) and we'd like to buy together, it'll be fairly large as we both have children with us for half the week. He has £50K+ of equity and I want him to feel secure in putting it into a joint property, he had a drawn out and messy divorce and his ex got alot of money.

Anyone know the best way to ensure his money is safe if things don't work out? I can't see that they won't, we are both 100% certain about each other and he's not bothered at all about using his equity for a joint home, but I feel very strongly that the money he's bringing into the relationship is secured for him.

Tintin girl

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Feb 08 #15147 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Agree to purchase as Tenants in Common so shares are defined....so cast in stone but if you marry then Court can if fair alter the same.


Have a Declaration of trust prepared to achieve same result as above

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.